Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lessons From Solomon.

As spring break was approaching, the papers and tests and assignments started piling up (I'm using past tense because I go home tomorrow!). Obviously, procrastination happened. But today, I was working on my Bible character paper that is due tomorrow for my Old Testament class. I chose to write about Solomon, and I spent today reading about him and finding things to incorporate in my paper. But since my paper is just going to my professor, I wanted to share something that I learned today from the life of Solomon.

In the Bible Knowledge Commentary, I read "Solomon did not abandon Yahweh but he worshiped other gods as well. His heart was not fully devoted to the LORD; he compromised his affections.". And I realized... how easy is it for us to compromise our affections to Him? Do you even realize all that God has done for us, sinful, wretched humans, because He loves us? Even our lives, and every breath that we inhale and exhale is a gift from God. Yet we don't give Him the honor that He deserves, and so easily slip into idol worship!

Keep your eyes today gazing on the One who can renew your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment